About the ECHE
Currently, in the European Union, over 300 000 people are employed in the cultural heritage (CH) sector. It has been estimated that about 90% of jobs will require digital skills in the future (EU2020). Thus, education and training institutions need to adjust to the changing environment and provide training for improving digital skills and knowledge. The European Cultural Heritage Entrepreneurship (ECHE) project helps to develop and assess entrepreneurial skills for cultural heritage entrepreneurship (CHE) and improve digital competences in young people by supporting personalised learning approaches, collaborative learning and strategic use of ICT. Special focus of this project will be on youth with less opportunities (rural location, low, socio-economic status etc). In general, the project will support cooperation, it will promote new activities for youth, enhance coherence and acceptance in communities.
Target Groups (Participants)
“Who will benefit from this project?”
- unemployed youth with limited opportunities
- youth workers and trainers from different EU institutions
Main Objectives of the Project
“What are the goals of this project?”
The main objective of this project is innovation. The activities of this project are mainly designed to promote ECHE in youth with fewer opportunities in life, living in rural areas, immigrants and refugees. Participants will develop digital competences, civic competences, cultural awareness, research, enquiry, creativity, innovation, critical thinking, flexibility, self-direction, integrity, leadership and responsibility. All these skills are cornerstones for the personal development of participants.
The main goals are:
- To develop youth friendly solutions that combine transfer of knowledge, acquisition of new skills with entertainment) that foster CHE skills for youth through direct collaboration and co-production with the target group representative youth workers unemployed youth.
- To provide information to the youth, policy makers, researchers, teachers and the general public about the ECHE, and ECHE project outcomes.
- To enhance communication and cooperation between project partners.
“What interventions or measures will be used to achieve the main goals, to induce change?”
There are three main approaches that are used to reach the goals:
- Youth friendly information and communication technology (ICT) solutions:
- ECHE computer game “Be the architect of your life” will be developed and freely distributed among youth. The ECHE interactive computer will help to learn new ECHE skills, enhance cooperation and strategic use of ICT. It will include scenarios how to become an entrepreneur in the field of cultural heritage in Europe.
- ECHE mobile application will be developed and freely distributed among youth. The mobile application will bring innovative solutions to a large number of people, and will also serve as a “road map” for events like the meetings and information days, upcoming trainings or workshops in the area for each user.
- Dissemination of information:
- ECHE policy paper will be written and freely distributed among all interest groups. This document will emphasize different ways in which youth (especially risk groups) can be involved in the CHE activities in the coming years.
E-Book and Future World” videos/animations. The e-book and videos will be interdisciplinary, and will help to learn new skills and enhance conceptual thinking.
What is the Green Economy? This is the question we asked some of the companies in our area. We looked for companies that have put environmental sustainability and respect for the environment at the center of their business. During the research on our territory (Trani – Italy) we intercepted two success cases that we believe
The partners met again after the July week-long training in Tartu (Estonia)! This time in Rzeszów, Poland, where Danmar Computers was the host organization. The 3rd ECHE project partner meeting took place on 19-20 August 2019. During the meeting, the Partners summed up the work done so far under the Intellectual Output 1 and discussed
On 24.04 – 25.04 the second “ECHE – European Cultural Heritage Enterprise” project meeting was held in Vilnius. During the meeting, partners presented the results of their work completed since the previous meeting. The Italian partner presented his idea for the mobile application. With the presentation of the draft version of the ECHE game, partners
3rd and 4th of November 2018 – The first meeting in the project European Cultural Heritage Enterprise – ECHE was held in Paphos, Cyprus. The event was organized by the Cross Culture International Foundation Cyprus partner. During the meeting participants discussed about the: Objectives and assumptions of the project, Future actions in the project, Budget and dissemination